Receptionist: “Director of First Impressions”
Do you enjoy interacting with people and making them feel comfortable and welcome?
Do you have an unstoppable smile and can-do attitude, even when you’re on the phone or doing repetitive tasks?
Do you have a knack for organization, attention to detail, and flexibility, even in the midst of chaos?
If your answer is yes to all of the above, then you may be the perfect candidate for the position of Receptionist (also known as our “Director of First Impressions”) at Oregon Music Academy in Tigard. We are looking for someone who:
- Truly cares about and enjoys interacting with people (especially children)
- Can WOW! clients with exceptional customer service
- Is organized, detailed, and focused on getting things done the right way
- Is poised, positive, outgoing, cheerful and professional
- Manages time and tasks efficiently and effectively
- Is self-directed and resourceful
- Acts with diplomacy and tact in difficult situations
- Has no problem with smiling, picking up the phone, and serving others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and reliability – Is trustworthy to the core
- Has a strong work ethic and takes ownership of his/her work
- Is eager to learn something new every day on the job
If this describes you, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow with a growing company.
Skills and Experience
- A high school diploma and at least some college credits completed
- 2 years professional office, customer service, or retail experience
- Great professional written and verbal communication skills
- Legible handwriting and thorough note taking skills
- Intermediate technology skills including the ability to use email, word processing, spreadsheet, Google Calendar, Google Apps software on a Mac. Understanding of Quickbooks, WordPress, HTML, graphic editing, or video editing software a plus.
- 50 WPM error-free typing
- Greeting guests and logging music lesson attendance
- Answering the phone and processing voicemail and email
- Organizing and cleaning the facilities
- Ordering and receiving supplies and materials
- Scheduling students, staff, and facilities
- Performing general clerical, administrative support, and data entry duties
Hours and Compensation
$12.35 per hour
Part-Time (21 hours per week)
Tuesdays & Fridays 1:00-9:00pm and Saturdays 9:30-2:30pm
at our location in Tigard
About the Oregon Music Academy
For over 15 years Oregon Music Academy has been growing as the leading provider of music lessons and classes in Oregon. From our main location in Tigard, Oregon we serve hundreds of students and families. Our core customers are families with children between the ages of 5 and 15 looking for the best place to start music. In addition, approximately 25% of our students are adults starting music studies for the first time or rediscovering music after many years without it.
We have an unwavering commitment to serving others and exceeding expectations. Our organization has continued to grow, even through a down economy, and further expansion is on the horizon. Come help us build a great company.
Please do not call, email, fax, or drop by. Complete the online application