Become a Music Teacher
Do you want to positively impact young people?
Are you eager to go above and beyond to serve others?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow as a teacher?
If you answered yes, we want you to become a Music Teacher at the Oregon Music Academy in Tigard. You’re our ideal candidate if you can read music, play your instrument at an intermediate level, and have previous experience working with young people.
Our PurposeYou will be joining a group of teachers and staff that are here to serve others, inspire their growth, and create joy in their lives. Our philosophy is guided by our Core Values. We are passionate about helping people (both students and staff) reach their full potential and find more enjoyment in life through music.
What you’ll doAs a music teacher, you’ll teach weekly 1-to-1 lessons. You’ll usually be working with children ages 7-15 as well as some adult learners. You’ll teach students new musical skills as well as help them fine tune previously learned skills. You’ll keep parents up to date on what their child is learning and help students prepare for performances..
Typically, you’ll start off by being available to teach on one day of your choice between the hours of 2:00-8:30. After that, we look at adding other teaching days.
The Work Environment
You’ll be teaching in a well maintained facility with people that are excellent at what they do. You are free from having to handle hassles of enrollment, scheduling, and billing. You get to focus only on teaching.
The Ideal Candidate
- Truly cares about and enjoys interacting with people (especially children)
- Has no problem with smiling, shaking hands, starting conversations with others
- Can WOW! clients with exceptional customer service
- Is poised, positive, outgoing, cheerful and professional
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and reliability – Is trustworthy to the core
- Has a strong work ethic and takes ownership of his/her work
- Is eager to learn something new every day on the job
- Has great professional written and verbal communication skills
- Has a high school diploma and at least some college credits completed
- Previous experience in tutoring, education, child care, or athletic coaching a plus
- Can read music and play a musical instrument at an intermediate level
If the list above describes you, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
About the Oregon Music AcademyFor over 10 years Oregon Music Academy has been growing as the leading provider of music lessons and classes in Oregon. From our main location in Tigard, Oregon we serve hundreds of students and families. Our core customers are families with children between the ages of 5 and 15 looking for the best place to start music. In addition, approximately 25% of our students are adults starting music studies for the first time or rediscovering music after many years without it. We have an unwavering commitment to serving others and exceeding expectations.